- This event has passed.
MWA NW Chapter Meeting – Writing Active Setting
October 10, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm PDT
Learn to give your setting an active role in your story. Explore using Deep POV to spin boring descriptions into engaging prose. Find out if you’re writing passive–or active setting and if you are maximizing the setting possibilities in YOUR story.
• How setting impacts your story.
• The important difference between active and passive setting.
• How to use setting to show characterization.
• How setting can impact your conflict…both internal and external.
• What a reader needs from a setting vs. what they don’t need.
USA Today bestselling author, Mary Buckham writes the best selling WRITING ACTIVE series for writers – WRITING ACTIVE SETTING and WRITING ACTIVE HOOKS. She is also the co-author of BREAK INTO FICTION® with NYT author Dianna Love. Mary is nationally recognized for her online and live writing workshops to writers of all genres around the US and Canada, including the Power Plotting Webinars.
Mary doesn’t just teach writers though, she practices what she preaches, writing Urban Fantasy w/attitude. Do you love romance, danger & kick-ass heroines? Find it in her Alex Noziak or Kelly McAllister series! She also write YA sci fi/adventure as Micah Caida Red Moon series.